227 E. Deer Park Drive, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20877
Free Estimates
(877) 210-6812
Gac Car

What are the best heat pumps for cold climates?

There are many benefits to heat pump installation in the Gaithersburg, MD area . Heat pumps are an extremely efficient way to heat and cool your home while also helping you save on your energy bills. In addition to energy savings, heat pumps serve as both a heating AND cooling system—so you don’t have to worry about maintenance, repairs, and tune-ups on two separate HVAC systems every year.

Heat pump installation used to be mostly recommended to those that live in moderate climate areas. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, heat pumps do not generally perform well during extended periods of sub-freezing temperatures. But as heating technology improves, more and more manufacturers offer heat pumps that are suitable to those living in colder climates. For example, Bryant’s newest heat pump—The Extreme Heat Pump—is an ideal heating option for home owners in cold climates.

Bryant’s Extreme Heat Pump

Bryant’s Extreme Heat Pump maintains its effectiveness at much lower outdoor temperatures than standard units are capable of. In addition, the Bryant Extreme Heat Pump can deliver twice the capacity in freezing temperatures—adding to the energy savings by reducing auxiliary (electric) heat operation. This exclusive technology equates to as much as 69 percent higher efficiency than standard heat pumps.
In addition to operating better in colder climates, Bryant’s Extreme Heat Pump has many other benefits. First, the Bryant Extreme Heat Pump features a condenser with variable speed technology. Variable speed motors allow the system to adjust the cooling or heating delivered to your home based on demand conditions—providing more comfortable temperatures and substantially more efficient operation. The motor ramps up or down to deliver only what your home needs instead of always operating at the same maximum speed regardless of whether it is 60 degrees outside or 6 degrees outside.

Bryant’s Extreme Heat Pump also incorporates this same feature in their compressor. This allows the outdoor unit to operate between 40 to 100 percent capacity to precisely match the demand needs of your home. It’s similar to the using a dimmer switch for your HVAC system. In the Gaithersburg, MD area, this provides significant energy savings because our homes only require the maximum capacity 20 percent of the year. The other 80 percent of the year, the system operates at a reduced level and uses only the energy necessary to maintain a comfortable home.

The result is a higher efficiency heat pump and a much more comfortable home with better humidity control. A Bryant Extreme Heat Pump combined with a variable speed air handler inside offers the most comfort control and efficiency in the market.

If you think your home could benefit from Bryant Extreme Heat Pump installation, contact GAC Cooling & Heating today . Our technicians can evaluate your home and determine the best heating system for your needs.

"Your technicians are always polite, professional and personable. The gentlemen who performed our new system installation were a true team, and a real pleasure to have around! "
Request An Estimate
© Copyright 2020 Gaithersburg Air Conditioning & Heating. All rights reserved.
The information on this website is for informational purposes only; it is deemed accurate but not guaranteed. It does not constitute professional advice. All information is subject to change at any time without notice. Contact us for complete details.