With proper maintenance, most furnaces last 10-12 years. Whether you’ve had your furnace for more than 10 years and frequently require furnace repair or your furnace operates noisily or inefficiently, it might be time to consider furnace replacement. If you need furnace replacement in the Gaithersburg, MD area, call GAC Cooling & Heating. We’ve provided furnace replacement services to the Montgomery County and Frederick County areas since 1970, and we understand the importance of having the heat you need to keep your family comfortable all winter long. Contact us for a free estimate on furnace replacement today.
Our Furnace Replacement Services
There are many reasons to consider furnace replacement in Maryland. If your furnace is old and your energy bills are high, consider installing a more energy efficient furnace. At GAC Cooling & Heating, our furnace replacement services include:
- Natural gas furnace replacement – There are many benefits to replacing your furnace with a natural gas furnace in your home. In most areas, it costs much less to heat your home with natural gas than to heat it with electric, oil, or propane. Natural gas furnaces produce less carbon dioxide, making natural gas furnace installation an environmentally friendly option.
- Propane furnace replacement – Propane furnaces offer fast heating at high temperatures and will heat your home even in the event of a power failure. If you’re interested in propane furnace replacement, contact GAC Cooling & Heating today.
- Oil furnace replacement – Depending on the cost of natural gas in your city, oil furnaces can be the least expensive way to heat your home in some areas. Contact us for oil furnace replacement today.
- Bryant furnace replacement – When shopping for a Bryant furnace, you can choose between a gas furnace or an oil furnace to suit your home’s unique heating needs. GAC can evaluate your specific needs and guide you to the right furnace replacement for your home—based on your square footage, lifestyle habits, and more.
- Two-stage furnace replacement – Two-stage furnaces have high and low heating. They are designed to operate in low heat mode for longer periods—providing more even room-to-room heating and reducing temperature swings.
Why Choose GAC for Furnace Replacement?
If you’re looking for furnace replacement in Maryland–from Montgomery County to Frederick County–you can trust the experts at GAC Cooling & Heating. Between our highly skilled technicians and our fully stocked warehouse, we can ensure your furnace replacement will occur in an accurate, timely, and professional manner. GAC is here to guide you through the process and to ensure your furnace replacement improves your home’s comfort and efficiency.
In addition, we also offer a free year of maintenance when we install new furnaces. We firmly believe that the maintenance on a new system is just as important on an older system! Contact us today for a free furnace replacement estimate.
What is AFUE?
AFUE stands for Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency and is a rating used to describe the efficiency of your heating system. The higher the AFUE, the more efficient the system.
Is it ok to install a different brand of air conditioner and furnace?
Yes – most brands of HVAC equipment will work properly together provided the coils and blowers are the proper size. At worst, you’ll see a slight drop in efficiency or capacity.
How do I choose the right size furnace?
Your furnace needs to be sized to accommodate your home’s unique heating needs. In order to do this, a professional needs to measure your home and calculate its heating and cooling load. This calculation is based on your home’s square footage, windows, walls, ceiling, floor plan, appliances, insulation, exterior, and more.). A professional will also consider your duct configuration, number of home occupants, and your lifestyle before recommending the ideal furnace size for your home.