Summer is going to be heating up soon, which means you’ll be firing up your AC. If you’re worried about the high cost of your energy bills once you start relying on your AC for your home comfort, know that there are a few things you can do to save money on summer cooling costs.
Lower Your Cooling Costs
If you’re interesting in lowering your cooling costs, we recommend the following:
- Keep your blinds/curtains closed during the day on windows that get direct sunlight.
- Set your thermostat to run your fan continuously. This helps to even out temperatures variances.
- Make sure your outdoor unit can “breathe.” Clear leaves, bushes, etc. from around the unit.
- If you have a programmable thermostat, allow the temperature to rise a few degrees when no one is home during the day.
- Replace/clean your air filters regularly. Dirty filters wreak havoc on your system. During the summer, a dirty filter can cause your air conditioning coil to freeze. Contact GAC Cooling & Heating today for replacement air filters.
Install an Energy Efficient AC
Did you know that installing a new air conditioner can improve your home comfort and save you money? The truth is that many of today’s highly efficient air conditioners can be up to 30 percent more efficient than systems that were installed just 10 years ago. By upgrading your aging system to a new high-efficiency AC, you can quickly lower your energy bills.
If you need air conditioning installation in Frederick, MD, contact GAC Cooling & Heating today.
Schedule AC Maintenance in Frederick, MD
At GAC Cooling & Heating, we offer AC maintenance in Frederick, MD to further protect your AC from inconvenient breakdowns, high repair costs, shortened equipment life, and other AC repairs—helping you lower your energy costs this summer. With the current high cost of energy, it’s extremely important to keep your AC in good condition. When you neglect your AC, you pay for it in terms of wasted energy and higher repair costs. Call us today for more information on our AC maintenance plans.